4/12/2017

The Beginning of My Dream

The Beginning of My Dream:

I started writing songs at the age of three, of course at this time, they were all about my love for cats. As I grew older, they began more complex and I started trying to record myself using audacity. Now I wasn't a trained singer so at the time, I didn't understand why it always sounded so whiney and screechy. So I spent more and more time practicing and learning hoping to make my voice sound good. 
At this time, my oldest brother had just gotten really good at playing guitar, he had made his first song and asked me to write some lyrics for it. I was 7, when I wrote my first real song, Free to be.  I'll admit that till this day it is still one of my favorite songs I have ever written.

I began taking singing lessons at the age of 13 when I discovered my local theater was going to have auditions for musicals. I quit after a year when my teacher told me we could only learn musical pieces. I realized musicals weren't my passion and I really wanted to learn pop music.

Years went by where I taught myself to keep singing despite the lack of a teacher, I preformed in Les Miserable the musical where I had met my first boyfriend. The jerk cheated on my and broke my heart at the age of 16. 

I was crushed, to distract myself I began messing around with my piano and before I realized it, I had written my first hate song called, How Weird (which was a play on word for my ex's name). It was the only thing that actually made me feel better, pouring my entire soul into music. I showed this song to my mom and she was shocked at my skills. This awoke my passion, fire, and love, for singing and songwriting and from there I began putting all my time and effort into music.

I took back up singing lessons with a teacher that broaden my love all different kinds of music and pushed me to be the best. I learned my piano skills sucked and decided to buy my first guitar and learn on my own.
I have never had a guitar lesson in my life and I have written over 200 since and preformed at way to many open mics, concerts, festivals, and benefits.


Till this day, I practice singing and songwriting for over an hour each day and my love for music continues to grows with each breath as I try to achieve my dream of living off my music.

No comments:

Post a Comment