2/13/2017

My first amp Fishman Loudbox Mini


I was so excited when I first came across this amp. It was about seven months ago, I was looking for the perfect amp that was cheap and would allow me to play small gigs. This was on sell for $350 in set that included a mic, mic stand, clip on tuner, amp cover, and of course the Fishman Loudbox Mini. I saved up every last cent and right after Christmas it went on sell again, So I bought it. Since this is my first amp, I don't really have the experience to compare to other amps but I can tell you what I thought about from a newbie perspective. To start off, after spending hours trying to find cheap amps, this set from Sweetwater.com was completely amazing for the price. I paid $329.99 for the set and it was shipped within two days for free. It was amazingly packed in Styrofoam and tons and tons of bubble wrap and they also sent me a little bag of candy!

Size

It's an adorable little amp and very manageable to move around! If you have to bring it long distances I suggest lugging it around in a suit case because it fits perfectly!

Quality

I was amazed when I finally turned it on, I was sitting beside the amp and it made me second guess if it was turned on because I heard no feedback. I had my mom stand on the other side of the room and she said it sounded amazing, loud, and very clear. This is a plus because if you've ever heard your feedback while playing it tends to mess you up, but since there was no feedback it felt like I was playing live while others were still able to hear me loud and clear.


Settings

There is an input for both your guitar and a microphone along with individual settings for both.

  • Guitar:
  • Phase - Button
  • Gain
  • Low
  • Mid
  • High
  • Reverb
  • Chorus - High-Mid-Low
  • Mic:
  • Gain
  • Low
  • High
  • Reverb
  • Master Volume

These settings let you have a lot of flexibility in how you want to sound, it can make your guitar sound more country twang or more acoustic pop!

Special notes


  1. Keep in mind this is an acoustic amp, it can't make your acoustic guitar sound like an electric!
  2. It does not include to cable to connect your guitar to the amp, I had to buy one from guitar center which only cost $15 (because I wanted the longer cable)
  3. If you want to hear the amp live click here for my original song the infection recorded on the Fishman LoudBox Mini

No comments:

Post a Comment