12/01/2017

High Hopes: The inspiration and meaning.



Despite writing the song only 5 months ago, the inspiration behind High Hopes actually started a very long time ago.
For the past 6 years, my biggest fear growing up was, what I was going to do with my life? If my dreams didn't happen, what was my back-up plan?

This horrible question kept me awake countless nights and caused me horrible stress and anxiety and to be honest, it still does some days.

I've noticed that we live in a society that causes us to put way too much pressure on ourselves. By the time you enter college, you are expected to have an idea of "what you want to do for the rest of your life".

For me, I had no idea and to be honest, I'm 22, graduating with my associates, and still have no idea.
This was the whole reason I wrote High Hopes. The song is about how we are expected to pick something, go to college and stick with it for life.
"Pick your poison and your fate, Make a choice and lay to wait."

So now that you know my inspiration, I have two challenges for you: 
Second, I challenge you to share your growing up struggles with me in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment